2.8.03

Have just returned from a work night out (thank you all - Serene and Lynne safely returned home, and a special mention for the hennaed honey with a knack for making a mean whiskey sour), which although being full of delightful free booze, also contained something of a shock.

In essence, one doesn't really expect one's boss to bring up the topic of one's blog in conversation. Was he serious when he said we should maybe have a chat about what I write here? Hmm, makes a boy think...

Apparently far more colleagues than I'd bargained on are aware of this site's existence. Of course there are the few I'd tipped off in the beginning, plus the one or two that had slipped under the wire before I found them. But it seems I underestimated, and that the blog is something of a fad at work. Despite it's low-key nature, within a den of journalists, it probably shouldn't be that surprising. After all, this place is public domain, and I can't really expect people to keep something like this a secret forever, whether they ever intended to tell people. or just let others discover it by accident. But I won't let this new information change my take on things, or the language I use.

So, in the spirit of loving that I try to maintain: hi folks! Hope you're having fun and that nothing's too close to home. Welcome to my world.

No comments: