5.8.03

Dreadful news from the other side of the Atlantic which totally distracted me from the far more journalistic entry I've been composing.

But current affairs will have to wait, because... Krispy Kreme is Koming.

According to Jen and Dunc, and confirmed by a quick search, the best doughnuts in the world are finally being given to London.

And the bad news doesn't stop there, because the site for the KK store is Harrods, seat of power for the unpleasant and questionable Mohammed Al Fayed.

So not only are the siren-like American carb merchants taunting me with delicious doughnuts on my doorstep, they're also allying themselves with the Evil Empire of Al Fayed, thus making it seemingly impossible for me to honour my vow never to set foot inside his store.

This would all be a very bad development for both the waistline and spiritual wellbeing of a weaker man than myself.

Well, I won't stand for it. Just you watch. I'll show them "Hot Now". Just as soon as I've had a freshly-made Kruller with a cup of steaming black coffee.

No comments: