4.8.03

Keeping a blog quite as openly as I do was always going to leave me with the prospect of having to confront embarrassing situations with people mentioned herein.

Now, at last after six months, I've been rumbled. An occasional cast member has learned of the blog and the role they've played. Fortunately they've taken it with good grace. A rare notion of discretion prevents me from going into greater detail.

And I'm not the only one. The author of one of my favourite blogs has already decided to take a break, seemingly in order to reassess what she can sensibly share with the world. And this, just weeks after another of my regular reads came close to quitting altogether after members of her family started sharing their thoughts on her blog. I'm glad the latter chose to continue, and hope the former will overcome her privacy problems and rejoin the blogging community soon.

Nevertheless it's a worrying trend and one, after this revelation, that I should maybe take notice of and could lead me to be more reserved.

But Robin and Jane call the blog their portal into my brain, and I've really neither the intention nor the inclination to row back on discussing the issues that are important to me, not professionally and most certainly not personally. So don't expect a great change.

Still... oops!

No comments: