6.3.03

Good news on getting into work tonight. Last summer one of my colleagues, Ivan Noble - a fairly young man - was diagnosed as having a malignant brain tumour, as many readers of the work site will be aware. It's been a very harrowing six months for Ivan and his family, as he recounted in his online tumour diary, but he's just had word that the tumour has reacted well to the treatment, and he won't need scanning again for six months. It's very good news for all of us here, whom he e-mailed en masse.. I don't know Ivan terribly well - in fact he probably doesn't realise he knows me - but he helped train me when I joined the operation down here in the smoke. I probably should have said more to Ivan than I have over the past two years - especially since the diagnosis - but it looks like I'll have the chance to rectify that now.

No comments: