14.4.03

I appear to be subject to the collective blogstipation that seems to be affecting the authors of many of my favourite haunts.

It's probably because I've got a lot of serious stuff going round my head which I don't feel able to write about - at least not yet - and that seems to be causing a blockage that's preventing my usual verbal diahorrea and occasional rage against the world.

So to ease me back into the routine, here's an easy one:

US President George Dubya Bush (Sunday): "We believe there are chemical weapons in Syria."

US Secretary of State Colin Powell (today): "With respect to Syria, of course we will examine possible measures of a diplomatic, economic or other nature as we move forward."

White House spokesman Ari Fleischer (today): "Syria is a nation that has long been on the list of terrorist nations. They should not do that. They should not be that way. No nation should be. And that's a message the United States will not be shy about saying to Syria or other nations."

Journalist: "But then what?"

Fleischer: "I think that what's next is Syria needs to seriously ponder the implications of their actions in terms of harboring Iraqis who need not and should not be harbored. They should think seriously about their program to develop and to have chemical weapons. I think it's time for them to think through where they want their place to be in the world."

Journo: "Why shouldn't people take that as a threat?"

Fleischer (inviting a question from another journalist): "John."

One war's obviously not enough for this administration. Mind you, blowing the planet to fuck would certainly take a few things off my mind, so maybe I shouldn't be so damning...

No comments: