16.5.03

Well, the days have caught up with me and once more I'll be imprisoned in my night shift, making sure Ben's hair is done overnight and relieving the day boys when they tax Ben's body and mind too much and he needs to sleep. There's two of them on duty at any one time, you realise, and they still have the audacity to complain about their work. They don't even have to do their own thinking either, as the brain runs during the day. Due to economy measures, they switch the brain off overnight. But me, I cope fine on my own, even when faced with a fully operational body like this past week. Charming! Come the glorious day...

So what have we learned these past few nights? Three things.

One, that tequila with a worm is wrong.

Two, that had Ben been fully appreciative of Charlie's Angels in their heyday, he'd have been a Kate Jackson man.

And Three, that no matter how long you work in news, it can never cease to surprise you how on any given day one story can eerily be connected to another.

I'll be back the week after next, due to some freak rota accident. In the meantime, I'm sure plain old Ben will do you just fine.

Lots of love,

Nightshift Ben

No comments: