20.5.03

One of my favourite things is finding out who else I share a birthday with. There are one or two people I've known for several years, but this year I've made an effort to expand the field. So...

Happy Birthday Cher. Maybe we could have a joint party at Oliver's Wharf sometime. The people in 1D are first class. Just promise not to bring your vocoder. Unless you're paying, that is.

Happy Birthday Jane Wiedlin. Hope the rush hour doesn't delay your celebrations. Geddit?!

Happy Birthday Ron Reagan Jr. You can't be held responsible for your father. But don't think he's getting any of my cake.

Happy Birthday Holly Black, star of Operation Sex Siege.

Happy Birthday Louis Theroux. Respect. But why did you look so miserable on your bike chatting to the bloke by the pelican crossing by White City tube?

Happy Birthday Busta Rhymes. You sold out East Coast hip-hop with your gangster vibe. Even though we share the exact date of birth, don't think you're invited to any more parties until you peace out, man.

And last, but by no means least, my all-time favourite birthday sharer... Happy Birthday Bronson Pinchot. Ladies and gentlemen - an actor who defines kitsch appeal.

Bronson, your roles in True Romance, Beverly Hills Cop (both I and III), as the eponymous blunderer in Blame It On The Bellboy, and Dumb and Dumber: The TV Series. are all very fine, but for me, none of them can touch your work in Perfect Strangers.

How many mornings did I manage to avoid revising because of your "hilarious" japes caused by your lack of understanding of the English language? Those are days I will treasure for ever.

Happy Birthday Balki!

No comments: