27.2.04

Sorry. I seem to have spent most of the last week sleeping and working. But mostly sleeping (except when at work).

So what I've not said has included:

The biscuit is edging closer, but seems to be trudging through Solicitorland. Just a few more details to sort out, and with any luck I should be accepted into the Finsbury Park cookie jar by some time in April.

Looking forward to Agent Cody Banks 2, with trailer proclaiming "and introducing Hannah Spearritt". Hollywood won't know what's hit it. Not that I need introducing to Hannah Spearritt. Although I wouldn't say no to an introduction.

Spy talk - Katharine Gun did the right thing. She thought the world should know the US and UK were conspiring to spy on the little nations who would decided the Iraq vote at the UN. Good on her. Clare Short was just Clare Short. She could have been more delicate... but then she wouldn't have been Clare Short. None of this should really be shocking or surprising, but anything that makes Blair squirm over the war can only be good. And just because we can do something and want to do something, that doesn't mean we should. If you can't trust the Secretary General of the UN, who can you trust?

Thinking about far too many celebrity redheads, but particularly Lauren Ambrose.

Wondering whether to see The Passion of The Christ. It may be an interesting piece of movie-making, but can I hack the religion? I don't want an atheist rant in the middle of my local multiplex.

Hustle wasn't nearly as good or clever as it should have been or thought it was. Very disappointing. Must do better.

Ann Winterton is a very stupid lady. Don't know about you, but if I'd already been sacked from one important job for making a racist joke, I'd think twice about making a second one even if, as she claims, it was only to cite an example of how quickly jokes spread in the age of the internet. If I were a Congleton Tory (and I can't think which of those variables would be a worse fate) I wouldn't want her as my MP.

And while most of us get spam from bored housewives and Xanax salesmen, Mark gets his from Bill Clinton. No, really.

So you've not missed much.

No comments: