24.2.03

Everything seems to be falling to pieces... including me.

Last night's planned ramble was rudely aborted due to the technical stuff at BT going fubar. Broadband stopped working completely. I smelt a fish when I was downlaoding an episode of ER at a rate of approximately 1kb per second (for those who are DSL:-challenged, I've been able to hit 50kb before now). A quick speed test revealed me to be connected at 42k - or regular modem speed. And then it died altogether. Kaput!

Then this morning, waiting to provide a live stream of Geoff Hoon for the good people of the world, entirely without provocation my nose decided to erupt in a bloody mess. I think it's my first nosebleed in five and a half years.

Not that you needed to know about it, but it did remind me of the first time I saw Reservoir Dogs. To cut a long story short, the friends I went to the cinema with had a truly interactive experience. About half way through the movie, with Tim Roth writhing in a pool of oxyhaemoglobin, my own blood decided to come out in sympathy. I missed about 20 minutes of the film coping with the unwelcome exsanguination, which narked me no end at the time. (FYI this was also the day that heralded the beginning of The Infatuation).

Recollecting it now, though, I'm sure Quentin Tarantino would be pleased to see his art and audience in such harmony.

No comments: