21.6.03

This week I are been mostly...
1. Going deaf in my right ear, causing debilitating tinnitus which brought dizziness and nausea with it. Which made it impossible to concentrate. Thus difficult to blog. Hence the silence.

2. Reading Sick Puppy. To those who are virgin territory for Carl Hiaasen's way with words, I recommend an immediate deflowering.

3. Bemused by matrimonial courtesy.

4. Having dinner with Harriet Midgley, a good friend when I was eight years old, but who I've not seen or spoken to since leaving Plymouth. I recently discovered she was also in the employ of the Corporation. Given how much we've both experienced and grown in the past 23 years, plus the deafness, it's amazing how awkward it wasn't. It's probably too early to tell, but we could be friends again.

5. Feeling messy.

6. Browsing Atlanta's sporting calendar for late September and early October.

7. Not drinking. See 1. I was having enough trouble staying upright without the added complication of alcohol.

8. Being overcharged for merchandise. The idea of a Blogger-branded t-shirt appealed to me, especially at the knockdown price of $9. I was even willing to pay the extra dollar fifty to get an XXL shirt, and suspected they'd tack on a few bucks more for international shipping. But quite how Google Shop arrived at a total of $85.78, I'm not sure. Needless to say, the allure of the t-shirt quickly faded.

9. Marvelling at Rob McElwee's brilliantly enigmatic weather forecasts.

Oh, and for those who missed it, Homer held on for the win.

No comments: