23.10.03

The next few months are promising to be the most exciting in cinema-going for some time.

Last night alone before Kill Bill Vol. 1 (itself a work of beautiful, bloody genius, proof - if proof be need be - that while Tarantino may have lost his marbles, he certainly hasn't lost It), they ran trailers for the Director's Cut of Alien (still able to make me jump after all these years), The Matrix Revolutions (Get 'em Neo!), and Return of the King (Get 'em Samwise!) - three major movie events in the space of six short weeks.

And if those weren't enough to see me through the long, dark winter, tomorrow sees the release of Intolerable Cruelty (the Coens have never made a bad film - FACT! - and I'm counting on them not to start now), while next week we get In The Cut (Meg Ryan naked - chide me all you want, but am I really expected to forego this?).

I might even be persuaded to see SWAT and Love Actually before the year is out. But then again, maybe not.

Then January gives us A Mighty Wind, while February sees Dogville before Q and U get their freaks on for Volume 2 as The Bride finally tries to Kill Bill.

If you want me, I'll be down the front...

No comments: